- Check for underground sprinkler water lines and electrical lines before you dig.
- Dig a 22’’ hole with a tapered diameter
- Put 2’’ of gravel under base of sleeve, (allows for drainage) tamp stone.
- Place aluminum sleeve (bead down) with bottom section of flagpole into place so cement won’t fill bottom of sleeve.
- Mix bag of cement (40 pound bag) and pour into hole.
- Mound up concrete around sleeve to allow for water runoff.
(Add rocky fill to increase concrete volume).
- Use level to square vertical. Stabilize for 24 hours. Insert remaining sections.